Focus sensitive skin
Women and younger people in particular characterize their skin as sensitive, and the trend is on the rise* . Their skin often reacts from one minute to the next with red spots, impurities or extreme dryness. In addition to incorrect care, the skin can also be irritated by rapid temperature changes, air conditioning, dry air, sleep deprivation, unbalanced nutrition and psychological stress. This is because sensitive skin types usually have a skin barrier that is damaged and therefore especially permeable. The prime objective for sensitive, tender skin is therefore to reconstruct the skin’s natural protective mechanisms. To find the perfect skin care for sensitive, you have to classify your needs – either lack of moisture or lack of lipids. Whereas low-moisture is often a problem for women and men in their young and middle ages, mature sensitive skin has a lack of lipids.
Tips for the care of sensitive, tender skin
- Cleane your face with mild cleansing products such as FOAM and rinse with lukewarm water (at around 32° to 35°C). Water that is too hot causes the stratum corneum to swell and dry out. If the skin is very sensitive, it is recommended not to use any water for rinsing, but to remove any foam residues with a cotton pad.
- Use care products for sensitive and low-moisture, dry skin such as SENSITIVE. First test new prod-ucts on the inside of your forearm. If you are satisfied with a product, stick with it. Frequent prod-uct changes can also irritate the skin.
- Avoid soaps and “harsh” products that contain high amounts of surfactant or alcohol. These can dry out your skin additionally. Exfoliations can also irritate sensitive skin.
- Change facial towels and washcloths regularly to prevent germs from forming. Recommendation: once or twice a week.
- Use a good sun block with a UVB/UVA protector, cell protection and no emulsifiers or fragrances suspected of causing allergic reactions.
- Eat a healthy diet. Enjoy spicy dishes, fast food and sweets in moderation. And drink plenty of fluids, preferably water, fruit or herbal teas as well as diluted juices.
- SOS products for sensitive skin: DAILY REPAIR as calming and MOISTURE SERUM as intense moisturizing serum as well as FACE MASKPLUS.
Recommendation for sensitive skin
|Skin condition||sensitive & dehydrated skin||Lipid-deplenished & sensitive skin|
|focus||moisture & skin calming||elasticity, suppleness|
|cleansing||FOAM & TONER|
|Active substances||hyaluronic acid, ectoin, provitamin B5||Shea butter, evening primrose oil, corn oil, provitamin B5|
|Collagen masks||EYEMASK, FACE MASKPLUS|